Saturday, November 08, 2008

A look at Mike Huckabee

I think I'm going to start making some predictions here on my blog. This is highly dangerous since it's sure to make me look like an idiot, but I do that anyway, so I might as well forge ahead. I'll tag all of my prediction posts "prediction" so that in the future it'll be easy to look back and see how wrong I am.

So let's get started. Mike Huckabee is my pick for the 2012 Republican candidate. This video is a little biased in its sample selection, but overall, he seems to be a decent person. He thinks a lot of things that I disagree with, but he thinks for himself and comes to his own conclusions, which is something I admire, and frankly, is pretty uncommon. He's very charismatic. He has a heart. He'll stay in the public eye with his television program on FoxNews. And I think he'll end up running again and being the 2012 Republican nominee for president.

Now whoever made this video has put in some side commentary between clips, so just ignore those and focus mostly on what Huckabee says.


I should also add that in making this prediction, I really have no idea what I'm talking about. There are certainly other governors and politicians who will run who I haven't even heard of, and someone could quickly rise and surprise everyone (like Obama did between 2004-2008). But even a broken clock is right twice a day, so I'll let these predictions stand. And while I'm at it, I should add that I think Bobby Jindal, the current governor of Lousisiana, will also run.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Huckabee is such a cute guy. I wonder if he secretly believes in evolution.

Don't belittle your prediction, Dan :) I think it's a good one.