Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Good reads

A couple of intersting piecse of writing:

Annals of Innovation: Malcolm Gladwell writes about how David defeats Goliath, in basketball and in life. Very fascinating. Maybe I need to rethink my approach to life.

Vauban, a car free suburb of Freiburg, makes the NY Times. I've been to Vauban when I was studying in Freiburg, though it wasn't finished yet at the time. This article is mostly of interest to me since I've been there, but I also like the bike-focused culture. Freiburg is notably for it's incredible bike-friendly community. 

I couldn't believe Detroit traded away Chauncey Billups for Iverson earlier this seaon. Now Denver is crushing teams. The more I learn about Chauncey Billups, the more I like him. Great piece on ESPN's Outside the Lines

Interesting note: Rick Pitino comes up in two of the above pieces. Completely unplanned.

No comments: