Sunday, March 30, 2008

El Gran Baile

That's how you say "The Big Dance" in Spanish, in case you were wondering. Exciting times this March. UNC has just earned a Final Four birth, along with UCLA. Personally, I'm hoping that fellow #1 seeds Kansas and Memphis also make it to San Antonio for what would be one of the most hyped Final Fours ever. Never before have all four #1 seeds made it. I want to be playing the best of the best. I want double and triple overtime games. I want it to be considered the best tournament of all time. And I want UNC to win. Let's hope for the best.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

And so it's happening!...let the hype begin. Congrats to Kansas and Memphis. I have to admit that I was still pulling for Davidson. They're one of our North Carolina teams and had such a terrific, unprecedented run--almost upsetting No. 1 Kansas--but I think they're being downplayed because of the Final Four Ones hype. Kansas' Mario Chalmers got quoted ESPN for saying "we wanted to make history, and we did"...well sure, if 25% counts for full credit.

Dan said...

Yeah, to be honest, my heart was rooting for Davidson too as I watched part of the game. The played a great Kansas team without any fear, and that really impressed me. The good news is that their best player will be back next year, so hopefully they'll have another crack at the Final Four.

On a side note, I just reread my entry and noticed that I used the word "best" about 75 times in three sentences. Oops.