Monday, March 31, 2008

Nothing but Net

I prefer to rave about the under-credited or unexpected guys who do well. I don't often rave about Tyler Hansbrough because everyone else does, and it's obvious that he's a huge part of our success. However, after his unexpected barrage of swished jumpers against Louisville, I need to make an exception.

Here is a quote from Basketball Prospectus' John Gasaway on Hansbrough's performance:
Hansbrough's fusillade of 17-foot jumpers, launched from the seams of the Louisville zone, represents an ominous development for North Carolina's next opponent (potentially, their next two opponents). If Hansbrough can make jump shots, it's unclear what, exactly, an opposing defense is supposed to do.

That line gets me quite excited, though I don't want to get too overconfident just yet. I can't wait for the day when people are saying "Yeah, Hansbrough, he and Wayne Ellington and Stephen Curry, those guys are the best pure shooters in college basketball."

No comments: